Am 24.03.2018 um 14:52 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
I am very intrigued by the new feature of lyx 2.3 to insert gnuplot grafic. I have used for many years pyxplot

http://pyxplot.org.uk/

in my documents and would like to know, how difficult it would be to use this in the same way as gnuplot; pyxplot is quite similar to gnuplot, but IMHO easier to use. Could I perhaps get in touch with the person who did the lyx implementation or could somebody forward my EMail to him? I would gladly pay for it, since it would be much easier to keep the plotting programs on hand (at the moment I do it by putting the corresponding program in a note, from where I can copy/paste it if changes are needed).

Wolfgang

I just tried a few simple plots from pyxplot using the ending .gp instead of .plot and it worked just fine. I hope, it is not too difficult to adapt pyxplot to lyx; however, I realize, the devil is in the details.
Wolfgang