On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Am 24.03.2018 um 14:52 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
>
>> I am very intrigued by the new feature of lyx 2.3 to insert gnuplot
>> grafic. I have used for many years pyxplot
>>
>> http://pyxplot.org.uk/

I am not the person you seek regarding plotting integration with LyX;
however, I do lots of technical plotting and drawing in LaTeX.  I hadn't
encountered this utility before, but it looks quite powerful.  I look
forward to checking it out further.

> in my documents and would like to know, how difficult it would be to use
>> this in the same way as gnuplot; pyxplot is quite similar to gnuplot, but
>> IMHO easier to use. Could I perhaps get in touch with the person who did
>> the lyx implementation or could somebody forward my EMail to him? I would
>> gladly pay for it, since it would be much easier to keep the plotting
>> programs on hand (at the moment I do it by putting the corresponding
>> program in a note, from where I can copy/paste it if changes are needed).

Rather than copying/pasting changes, have you tried Insert->File->Child
document and using the "Input" option to include the external file?  I
routinely do this when I prepare TikZ graphics.

> I just tried a few simple plots from pyxplot using the ending .gp instead
>> of .plot and it worked just fine. I hope, it is not too difficult to adapt
>> pyxplot to lyx; however, I realize, the devil is in the details.

Are you able to provide a MWE to demonstrate what you did that was
successful with some description of how you would like it to work instead?
A clear goal might help a developer assess feasibility.

- Joel