On 04/06/2018 03:38 PM, Bernt Lie wrote:

Suppressing page number in LyX Article style…

  * I have tried to insert \pagestyle{empty} in the preamble, or
  * Set Document\Settings…\Page Layout\Page style to **empty**

Both of these give the same effect: page number is kept on the first page, and removed from all subsequent pages.

Question: **why** doesn’t this command remove the first page number?

I'm no TeXpert, but I think some if not all document classes treat the first page as a special case. In any event, try \pagenumbering{gobble} in the document preamble.

Paul