Dear fellow users,

I have figures (as pdf) and tables (as LyX child documents) in subdirectories
./figures and ./tables. When I export from LyX 2.3.0 on Mac to LaTeX
(pdflatex), the relative paths to these figures and tables are messed up. In
particular, they are replaced by absolute paths where ‘/‘ is replaced by ‘_'.
For example, a relative path /figures/figure1.pdf is replaced by something like
1_users_user_project_project1_figures_figure1.pdf. In addition, LyX places pdf
files with these names as 1_users_user_project_project1_figures_figure1.pdf in
the same directory as the main LyX file (but does not do so for the tables
contained in LyX child documents). As a result, the TeX file does not compile
correctly and I have to edit it by hand to adjust the paths. I’d much rather
see LyX keep the relative paths when exporting to LaTeX. Sometimes this
actually works - but I don’t know why. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Uwe