On Monday, May 28, 2018 10:20:22 AM PDT Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2018, John White wrote:
> > I gave lyx  2.3. a try from debian stretch backports and the results are
> > the same, so I went back to 2.2.2 (for a while).
>
> John,
>
>    Why not continue with 2.3.0? You're no better off with an earlier
I am not sure docs written in 2.3 can be opened in 2.2.2 and my staff uses
2.2.2.  When we are not so busy, I plan to update to latest lyx.

> version.
> > What I am planning to do, if all else fails, is print the document, or
> > parts of it, on blank pleading paper with numbers already printed down the
> > left hand side. Lyx prints the indexes (table of contents, table of
> > authorities, table of statutes, etc,) very well.
>
>    Have you seen this solution
> <https://latex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22708>?

Thank you.  Lawlist's post is very good.  It is what I use (see my original
post on Pleading Paper / TOC.  It well prints any document that does not have
indexes.  However, adding an index blows it up.

>    I thought there were several lyx layouts for legal documents as the need
> has been expressed on the maillist several times over the past couple of
> decades.

Probably some from me. Jurgen gave me some tips on indexing a couple of years
back.

> Regards,
>
> Rich
John