On 09.09.2018 21:25, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 09:46:15AM +0200, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Ah no, I just open the .lyx file and click on the eyes icon. Or
equivalently, I go to File > Export > PDF (pdflatex).

I use a script that installs TeX Live directly (rather than through the
TeX Live repos), which does a little bit of magic/hacking in the
background, and I forget exactly what it does.
Scott, could you kindly supply this script to others (with some how to do)?
Everything is here:

   https://github.com/scottkosty/lyx-tester

I strongly warn you not to run this script on your main system. I
believe I'm the only one that has ever used this script. If you are
curious, I suggest running the script on a fresh installation of Ubuntu
(e.g., in a virtual box).

It sounds very useful. Does it work also for Linux?
It only works on Linux, and unfortunately only on Ubuntu (could probably
be easily adapted to Debian/Mint/etc.).

Note that the goal of the script is to install dependencies needed to
run all of LyX's ctests. Because we have Chinese documents, that's why I
added whatever needed to be done to compile those documents. That was
long ago though, so I'm not sure anymore how it does things. You could
take a look inside to try to find out.

Scott
Thanks, Scott, for these infos. Wolfgang