On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 09:50:53AM -0400, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> > Thank you for your responses. I can't say I fully understand why Lyx
> > needs to be as it is; I'm generally against hard coded parameters.
>
> We are as well, and I don't entirely know why it is done this way. It
> could be worth raising on lyx-devel.

Git points to 9b13535e778b9
PDFOptions.cpp: add two hyperref options for better compatibility for non-latin
titles, etc.

It might have been wrong to hardcode it this way, anyway we can't just drop it
from compatibility reasons now. But adding new unicode option to the dialog (by
default on) seems correct solution.
I don't have time to write the patch though.

Pavel