Wolfgang Engelmann informed me regarding: Re: Spellcheck on
        Sat, 14 Nov 2020 14:56:43 +0100

> Am 14.11.20 um 14:26 schrieb Baris Erkus:

> >> I found this
> >> https://www.lyx.org/AdditionalSoftware
> >> and it states that enchant calls other spellcheckers.
> >>
> >> So my remaining question is
> >> how do I get a personal spellchecker
> >>
> >> Wolfgang
> >
> > You can tell LyX to record the words that will be recognized as
> > correct by "Add to personal dictionary" . These are saved as text
> > files in the personal folder with a name e.g. pwl_english.dict.
> Thanks, Baris.
> I see, by clicking ADD I get the personal spellchecker and can save
> to it. But how do I find this one?
> Mind you, I am under Linux (Debian)
> Wolfgang
> >
> > If you want to use a new dictionary with .dic and .aff files,
> > rather than the default dictionary files, you should place those
> > files to \resources\dicts\ folder of LyX.
> >
> --

        Replied thus:

        Wolgang,

        Debian Bullseye

        ~/.config/enchant might be what you want.

Charlie

        East Gippsland Wildlife Rehabilitators Inc..
                           http://www.egwildlife.com.au/

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having
        few wants. ---Epictetus