On Thu, 14 Oct 2021, Rich Shepard wrote:

But after that I'm getting an error re-running pdflatex. It refers to a
runaway argument in a text paragraph. Since this happened on the second run
which has a bibliographic citation at the end the issue might be with that
entry in the database.

Fixed the bibliography database entry ... I think.

I need to confirm what I'm doing; there's an issue with the bibliography
insert at the end of the document.

1. pdflatex file.tex
2. biber file.bcf
3. pdflatex file.tex

Output:
! Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
(inputenc)                in inputencoding `latin9'.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.602 \printbibliography[heading=bibintoc]

?

Why is inputencoding `latin9' when local is en_US.UTF-8?

Where do I find the inputenc package docs?

Exporting the .lyx file to pdflatex produces the same message about running
biber:
Package biblatex Warning: Please (re)run Biber on the file:
(biblatex)                biological-evaluation
(biblatex)                and rerun LaTeX afterwards.

Exporting to latex (pdflatex) and building from that provides more explicit
error information so I need to learn how to fix it.

Should I provide all Settings -> Bibliography key:value pairs?

Rich