Le 11/01/2024 à 17:32, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
Emiliano's remark about version management, from 2017, seems out of date. I use git with LyX all the time. It was extremely helpful when I was making the final changes to a book recently. It allowed me to check and make sure that the only changes I'd made were the ones I thought I'd made. The real issue there, it seems to me, is that most such tools are line based, so changing a single character here and there can lead to the changes looking more significant than they are. But that's true with LaTeX, too, to some extent. It's a bigger problem with LyX, because the line breaks in the saved version of the file can be completely different from that point on in the paragraph.

Note that, starting with 2.4, the .lyx files break text at punctuation, which should play better with git. NewInLyX24 says:

* LyX now uses "semantic linefeeds" for text in LyX files. This allows to have better diffs for documents stored in version-control systems.

JMarc