From: lyx-users <lyx-users-boun...@lists.lyx.org> On Behalf Of Rich Shepard
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2024 11:58 PM
To: LyX Developers <lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org>; lyx-users
<lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Subject: Re: LyX 2.4.0 RC4

On Sun, 31 Mar 2024, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

> What we hope will be the final release candidate for 2.4.0 is now
> available
> here:
> http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/
>
> Please report bugs to lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org.

Riki,

Just upgraded from 2.3.7.1 to 2.4.0~RC4 on Slackware64-15.0 on a ThinkPad T430;
no bugs seen crawling around. The issues that bugged me in 2.3.6.2 and
2.3.7.1 (not finding biblatex.sty and biber, needing to use the File menu to
export a pdflatex because c-x h wouldn't work) are gone.

I had a concern about Tools -> Preferences -> Look & Feel -> Display showed
Default when I use emacs turned out that (at least on my system) emacs key
chords are the default.

Congratulations and many thanks to all devs.

Best regards,

Rich