Thanks. Will look at it when the new version is released.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2024 5:38 PM
To: Bernt Lie <bernt....@usn.no>; LyX Developers <lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org>;
lyx-users <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Subject: Re: LyX 2.4.0 & Jupyter Notebooks

On 4/9/24 08:48, Bernt Lie wrote:
> Is there a way to import Jupyter Notebooks into LyX 2.4.0 (when v. 2.4.0 is
> released)?
>
> I'm particularly interested in the possibility to...
>
> * link the notebooks into LyX so that I always get the latest
> version/computations in the notebook, i.e., preferably not a static
> import
>
> * inclusion of mark-up text with headlines, math, etc.
>
> * inclusion of input and output cells, with figures, etc.
>
> * linked-in notebooks would be multipage. Perhaps it should be possible to
> embed the notebooks in some theorem-like environment.
>
> OK -- don't know if this is possible, but it would go a long way towards
> getting a literal programming environment.

The most plausible way to do this would be to use an external inset.
That's the way that Lilypond files (music) are included, for example.
Such insets are user definable. Basically, you tell LyX how to convert the file
to something LaTeX can process. This is discussed in section
7.1 of the Embedded Objects manual. You can use the existing xtemplate files as
a starting point, too.

Riki