Paolo M said on Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:22:31 +0200

>On opensuse 15, i have just installed the noto font, but probably lyx
>has also been upgrated to 2.4.0-RC4.  Now lyx doe not work eny more.
>Opening a file, see the enclosed one as an example, i get the error
>below p.

Just so we're all on the same page, you know your attachment contains
no string "noto", right?

Not only that, but on my computer using LyX 2.3.6.1 on an up-to-date
Void Linux, your document works perfectly. But you knew that already.

In order to use Noto fonts, I took your document in LyX and did the
following:

1) On Document>Settings>Fonts I checked "Use non-TeX fonts.

2) Document>Settings>Fonts>Roman I chose Noto Serif [GOOG]

3) Document>Settings>Fonts>Sans Serif I chose Noto Sans [GOOG]

4) Document>Settings>Fonts>Typewriter I chose Noto Sans Mono [GOOG]

5) Document>View [PDF (LuaTeX)] to compile and view the result.

I've attached my doc with Noto fonts.

Maybe you'll get lucky and my file will compile. Try it.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21