>>From: "Dave Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: "LyX Users" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: sorting tables?
>>Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:43:03 -0700
>>
>>Is there any sort of Latex command that will automatically sort a table
alphabetically by, say, the first column, leaving the header at the top?
Barring this, is there any way to sort the table automatically or do I have to
make sure I'm entering the data in alphabetical order?

>>Thanks for any help.
>>
>>Dave Brown

If you have the data from some other application which allows
formatted printing, conditional predicates and sorting functions, this
kind of problem is readily solved by printing in a file the
latex or lyx code and the data as you want it
and inputting it in the document. It may be worth to write
a short piece of code in your favourite tool to do it.

Following this line, you deal independently with the table
formatting and the document itself, of course you must re-run
to update, but any change in a whole set of calculated data
is much easier to manage.

--
Jean-Pierre