Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Olivier> Why not rewrite lyx with qt ( http://www.trolltech.com ) :
>
> Jean-Marc> I do not know if you have taken a look at lyx sources
> Jean-Marc> recently, but there is a src/frontends/ directory, which
> Jean-Marc> contains, among other things, the directories gnome/,
> Jean-Marc> xforms/ and kde/ (actually, in 1.2.0, this last one is
> Jean-Marc> replaced by qt2/).
>
> Jean-Marc> Does it answer to your question?
>
> It occurs to me that my answer is a bit misleading: currently, oly the
> xforms frontend really work, the others are incomplete at beest (a
> funny mix of xforms, and [name here] interface).
>
> JMarc

good news :)
qt seems a good choice on windows (native widgets, no Cygwin layer + X server ).
Applications written in qt run very fine on windows. (and has all 'modern' features
(docking windows, toolbars, MDI, subprocesses....)).
A good lyx application (with easy preview of images jpg/png) on windows would beat
any other document package...
best regards
Olivier