--
Last news!
Well, I just found that it is possible to dvi-view Lyx main document only

It is not necesary for individual chapter viewing, in that case the path
to my images can be any. I am still experiencing. But at this point I
must drive out to get in some coal for winter heating.

Greetings,
Bruno