On Thursday 15 November 2001 16:52, Juergen Fenn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is LyX a good choice for writing long documents?
>
> Has anybody ever tried to write a paper in LyX that is longer than 100
> pages?
>
> TIA.
>
> Regards,
> Juergen.

I just remembered something about long documents. As you go past 100,000
words, rendering time starts escalating with increasing rapidity. Thus at
100,000 it renders in about 10 seconds. At 117,000 it's about 15. I did tests
with a test file consisting of 500,000 words, rendering (either changing the
lyx window size or converting to Postscript) takes several minutes.

Therefore, if your book goes much over 100,000 words, you'll want to follow
the instructions on http://www.lyx.org/help/ to split the file into separate
part or chapter files.

Steve

--