Am 21.11.01, 11:19:26, schrieb Lindsey Bangay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> zum Thema
Chapter numbering:

> I would like module to have a toc  and an index. If I do them as 2
separate
> books, then the second book starts at chp 1 not 6. {This should be easily
> done with a counter reset but I am not sure how to do this.

Include in your LyX document in TeX mode

        \setcounter{chapter}{n}

before the first chapter of part two. „n“ stands for the number of the
chapter part two starts with _minus_one_, as chapter counter is
incremented with each \chapter command in LaTeX. That is at least what
Mr. Kopka, author of the German Bible for LaTeX, recommends.

> I have scanned
> Herberts site and the mail archives} If I do them as 2 parts then how do
> get a toc and index for each module?

If you do the modules as two LyX docs each module in the end will be a
seperate LaTeX document. I think this is the best way to achieve it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Juergen.