Jörn> Hello, as one (I certainly do) has to select different kinds of
Jörn> textformats (standart, section, itemize, etc) very often during
Jörn> the writing process, I wonder whether this can not be done with
Jörn> a shortcut, too?!

As some other people already answered, these shortcuts exist. In
1.2.2, the shortcuts will be shown in the minibuffer when using the
toolbar list, so it will be much easier to discover them.

Jörn> At least to open the pulldown menue and then
Jörn> be able to use the up and down arrows...

The binding for this one is "M-p space".

JMarc