On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Nirmal Govind wrote:

> > > You can have the included files in the article class, and only the
> > > master file in the book class. However, when you make a DVI from the
> > > master file, you might encounter some problems.
> > >
> > > PS: this will work with lyx >= 1.2.0.
>
> Thanks Dekel for this info..
>
> > I played with a workaround that you can find here:
> >
> >     http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/lyx/book-article-combo/
>
> I checked out the above.. that's some amount of work you've put into it
> in writing the latex code for the preamble.. thanks! I'll try this
> out...
>
> Right now, I'm stuck with a related problem - I converted the three docs
> I have to book class. The final doc (book class too) where I compile all
> of them together has a section at the beginning, then it should have
> these three files "include"d and then has a section at the end. I tried
> including the three files after the first section but I get 27 errors
> all of them saying that I'm missing some "}}}" or so.. is this not
> possible - having file includes midway in a document? I really don't
> want to have the first section and the last section also as two separate
> files and then combine all the five files using include..

Yes, it is possible. You probably have some broken latex code in there
somewhere. To "debug" it, try removing any ERT you have in the main
document and include some other files that are almost empty. This should
hopefully work, and then you can include more and more features until you
run into the problem.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-790 91 37           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr