On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 07:14:22PM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 08:09:11AM -0800, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Some additional information: if I try the sequence below at the beginning
> > of a document, it flat out fails with 6 errors about things like missing }'s
> > and so on.  Is there a way to log these errors (since I can't seem to copy
> > the text out of the boxes)?
> >
> > Has the input for math changed that much from 1.2.x ?  I have noticed that
> >     C-m A-m m CH <rightarrow> _4
> > works OK.   ????
>
> Subscripts are not allowed inside textrm. Andre, how hard would it be to

If this has always been the case, then some magic was working in 1.2.x which
is no longer there in 1.3.x.  The code has changed, since the sequences I
pointed out in my origianl post have always worked for me before now.

> make sub/superscript at the end of a text region exit the textrm
> environment first ? And also disable sub/super in the middle ?

Regarding your question to Andre', I'd reiterate as well the earlier
sequence of strokes which allowed me to first place my letters (in textrm, I
guess), followed by inserting other (apparently verboten) characters in the
middle of that sequence.  The old code must have accomodated my ignorance of
the rules...

I'm not saying I can't live without it, but for a person entering formulae
like I do that sort of sequence is a real saver of keystrokes.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,