I have some important extra info. When I start lyx from a terminal I get these
messages:

LyX: Menu::read: Unknown menu tag: `main' [around line 7 of file ~/.lyx/ui/default.ui]
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-halign left' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-halign center' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-halign right' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-valign top' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-valign center' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-valign bottom' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-row-insert' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-row-delete' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-column-insert' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `math-column-delete' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `index-insert-last' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `dialog-tabular-insert' does not exist.
Toolbar::add: no LyX command called `dialog-tabular-insert' exists!

Appearently I miss more than I discovered until now.

Is there somebody who can help?

Martijn