I know this is not what you want to hear but what would having a PDF Viewer dynamically update your previews faster even matter?

DVI allows for rapid preview of your document. Once you are satisfied then export to PS, PDF, HTML, etc.

-Marc

P.S. The footprint for xdvi is a fraction of xpdf/kpdf or acroread.

Paul Smith wrote:

Dear All

The PDF viewer that I use together with LyX is GSview. Contrarily to the DVI viewer, GSview takes a few seconds to update the file shown when the file is updated by LyX. (With the DVI viewer, when I go to view the DVI file, the file is already updated on the viewer.) I would like to know whether there is some PDF viewer behaving as the DVI viewer regarding the issue above discussed.

Thank you a lot in advance!

Paul