Marc Jeffrey Driftmeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'd like to ask Ron Florence who has
> Preview.app on OS X to hook into LyX Qt/Mac to verify whether or not
> the pdflatex functionality can dynamically update to Preview or not.
> And if it doesn't it is definitely something that would be available
> if it were a Cocoa version of LyX since Objective-C is purely dynamic
> both in type and run-time.

No, LyX/Mac does not dynamically update to Preview in PDF or pdflatex
mode.  It does dynamically update to MacDviX, which I much prefer for
previewing because LyX/Mac includes reverse DVI search -- when you
Option-Click in the DVI preview, LyX jumps to that point in the
original file.  The same feature is also available with xdvi.

LyX/Mac is a Carbon app, compilable from the same LyX source code that
is used for the other supported LyX platforms.  This was a very
important goal in developing the port.
--

Ronald Florence                         www.18james.com