In working with IM 6.0.8 with tex4ht on winxp I discovered another problem: when you convert ps -> gif, the crop option doesn't seem to work: you get gifs with lots of whitespace.

6.0.0 does not have this problem; so I'm recommending that people stick with 6.0.0; my previous note in this thread gave a source.

Still in the context of tex4ht, some of the IM 5.x series also had a problem: the gifs it produced did not display in a bunch of mozilla-based browsers. IM 6.0.0 fixed that. So 6.0.0 seems to be the version of choice, at least for the time being.

------------------------ Philip A. Viton City Planning, Ohio State University 275 West Woodruff Avenue, Columbus OH 43210 [EMAIL PROTECTED]