My LyX document contains a bunch of *.fig files.  Under PS everything looks
great.  Under PDF (via pdflatex or dvipdfm) each figure gets its own page, and
is rotated to be in landscape mode, and resized to take most of that full
page.  I'm using the latest LyX version that comes with Debian: 1.3.4-2

What can I do to get PDF generation to work just like the PS one?  I've seen
some "external_templates" on the Net that look different from mine and look
like they may be able to handle PDF versions of fig better, but I'm not
familiar with editing that file.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations
 and epochs, it is the rule." -- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietsche