On Tuesday 18 October 2005 03:50, Sven Schreiber wrote:
> >>6. Click the middle button on your mouse.
> >>
> >>That should be it. The experts tell me this should not work but
> >>unfortunately for the theory, it does for me.
> >>
> >>samar
> >
> >Kenward
>
> I just discovered your tips on transferring spreadsheet contents, and I
> think it's really useful; so I have turned this into a page for the tips
> section of the Wiki. It should be saved on the Wiki
> ("CopyTablesFromSpreadsheets"), but I'm not sure how to correctly link
> this to the tips section, so maybe somebody else could help me out.
>
> Samar, Kenward, I hope you don't mind being mentioned on the page.
>
> And btw, while I'm a loyal, devoted, enthusiastic, spreading-the-word
> (etc., you get the feeling...) Lyx user, I have to say that the need to
> publish this workaround as a hint just means that basic copy&paste is
> essentially "kaputt" in Lyx. Can we users hope for better life with 1.4?
>
> (Developers, please don't get me wrong, Lyx is great software.)
> -sven

Its great that you are visualising putting this on the wiki.

Just a suggestion.  Similar issues keep coming up on cut and paste problems.
For instance, recently there was this issue that you can't cut and paste
between lyx documents and the simple answer is they have to be documents on
the same instance of Lyx.

I just wonder if it might be a better idea to scan through the lists and
summarize all cut and paste tips and put them together on the wiki if you can
spare the time.

I have put someting on the wiki before. While the direct instructions are
fairly simple I found some derivatives more problematic like the .jpg file
being downloaded as .jpeg which creates problems for lyx.

Christian at chr "at" home.se is the man you need to contact. Very helpful
too.

Re your other comment,  like every other beauty Lyx has areas it could improve
on, but the entire persona is what most of us go for. Lyx is an immensely
productive tool. When you match it with something like freemind, its a
powerful combination for thought and expression. To the developers of both, I
am personally deeply indebted.

best regards

samar