Sanders, Maarten (M.J.L.) wrote:

> I try to use lyx from the command line.
>
> In lyx 1.4pre2 preview pdflatex goes fine.
>
> On the commandline I get:
>
> $ lyx --export latex myfile.lyx
>   ... lot of messages but OK
> $ pdflatex myfile.tex
>  ... goes fine except for an gif image. I can <enter> the latex
>  question
> about an image not being found and the image is not there in the
> resulting pdf.
> Anyone an idea on what to do to get the image?
>
> Thanks,
>

> met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,
> Maarten Sanders

Does pdflatex not understand .gif? Ah well.

Can you produce the document when you fire up the LyX GUI? Ie, is this
a "command line" versus "gui" problem or is it one in which you have
simply not defined the conversion process from gif -> png ?

Do you have ImageMagick's convert utility installed?

Regards,
Angus