Hello All.

I'm  writing  a  document  in Russian using LyX and have the following
problem:  My labels that contain Russian characters are shown not with
cp1251  like  they're  supposed  to, but with iso-8859-1 (aka latin1).
This is both with QT and Xforms frontends.

The  wrong  encoding is shown in the rectangular box that represents a
label and can be opened to edit the label.

The dvi/pdf files output fine, it's just an annoying aesthetic issue.

Now, with lyx-qt I can set the screen fonts only, which is clearly not
what  I  want. With xforms, we have some additional options, like Menu
Font  and  Popup  Font,  and even Encoding for them. I set them all to
valid  fonts  that  contain  the cp1251 encoding, and set the Encoding
field  to  "cp1251"  or "microsoft-cp1251" -- and all to no avail. The
labels are still shown wrong.

Questions:

1.  Do  labels  account  as popups, and should the above settings have
worked  in  principle?  If not, how can I explicitly set the font used
for labels?

2.   I  noticed  that  xforms  settings  like  "Menu/Popup  Font"  and
"Encoding"  go  into  my  .lyxrc,  which is used by both qt and xforms
frontends.  Why doesn't lyx-qt have the same font and encoding options
as  lyx-xforms?  is  it smarter in any way? Is lyx-qt actually _using_
these additional settings?

Thanks  in  advance  for  any pointers.

PS: I think anyone who's using any encoding other than pure iso-8859-1
can  try  and  input  some  his/her  native-language-specific-chars in
labels,  and  see  if  the label now shows garbage. I mean, it doesn't
matter  if it's Russian, Belarusian, Polish, Ukrainian or Hungarian or
any other eastern European language.

--
WBR,
Andrei Popov