Stephen Harris wrote:
> I am not sure of the command line for the frontend for Windows.
> It is supposed to use Qt but I don't know if Qt3 is used for
> Windows and all I saw in the cvs was Qt2.

That's just a directory name thing. CVS isn't very smart when it comes to
renaming things or adding directories.

I build LyX against the QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH branch of the qtwin project.
Grab it with the cvs command:

  $ cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/qtwin \
    login
  <press Enter when asked for a password>

  $ cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/qtwin \
    checkout -r QT_WIN32_3_3_BRANCH qt-3

Have a look at development/Win32/packaging/build_lyxwin.sh to see what
needs to be done to build LyX using the MinGW/MSYS environment. In truth,
I haven't used this with 1.4 for ages because I tend to use the MSVS.Net
2003 compiler (there's a .sln file in development/Win32). However, it
certainly used to work. (You might want to add "--disable-stdlib-debug" to
the options passed to the LyX configure script; it speeds up LyX's
execution by an order of magnitude.)

--
Angus