Stephen Harris wrote:

"YOUNES Abdelrazak / M3SYSTEM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello,

My Miktex install is very complete so I don't want to download the full
package. The path to latex.exe is in the system wide path
(D:\program\texmf\miktex\bin), is there anything I could do to tell the
installer it's there? Maybe adding a registry key or something?

Isn't there a browse symbol, .. that lets you navigate to the
proper directory for latex.exe in the Angus 1.3.6 installer?
When it asks for the Miktex directory during installation.

Thanks in advance,
Abdel.

OT: Is there a chance that a package with lyx 1.4 is done ? I am very much
interested in the XML DocBook capability.

You could test it. I am curious about the change/tracking feature.
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX14

I downloaded the source to build 1.4 (you need a compiler).
http://www.lyx.org/devel/cvs.php tells you how to get it.

I am not sure of the command line for the frontend for Windows.
It is supposed to use Qt but I don't know if Qt3 is used for
Windows and all I saw in the cvs was Qt2.

Regards,
Stephen

I may be wrong, but isn't lyxwininstall 0.4 Uwe's installer (rather than Angus's)? Does it support selective installation of components? (I've never tried it.)

Paul