On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Johan Tegin wrote:

After tweaking the reLyXed file somewhat, it seems LyX generates the exact result as LaTeX directly. Except for that the figurenames are preceeded by "Figure" instead of "Fig".

The style file contains the line \def\figurename{Fig.}.

The layout file:
#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass[ifacmtg]{IFAC Meeting}
# Read the definitions from article.layout
Input article.layout

Also tried "Input stdclass.inc" instead and also. What really happens? Any suggested remedies to change the figure names?

Are you saying that you see the full word ("Figure") in output produced by LyX, or just in the LyX window itself (meaning LyX says "Figure" but the DVI/PDF output file says "Fig.")?

As far as I know, neither article.layout nor stdclass.inc (which I believe article.layout automatically loads) does anything in this regard that would affect the output generated by LaTeX. If you want the LyX window to show "Fig.", perhaps the aastex.layout file (which has a FigCaption style) might give you some clues.

/Paul

Yes, the figure captions in the DVI output are preceeded by e.g. "Figure 1." instead of "Fig. 1." Everything else, all spacing, every single letter position, seem to be in the very same place as in the latex-generated dvi file. (The LyX window displays Figure, but that doesn't really matter.)

/johan

www.md.kth.se/~johant/ifacsamlyx.dvi
www.md.kth.se/~johant/ifacsamlatex.dvi