----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Demers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:07 PM
Subject: Lyx 1.37 for WindowsXP

Hello,

Can you help? I want to get Lyx work on my laptop but I have to do this:

Note that some of our users report that the configure script fails to run and, as a result, LyX fails to start, reporting a missing textclass.lst file. To fix, run the command (using MSYS): 'sh configure' from the <LyX>/Resources/lyx directory.

How in the world it must be done? I am not sure how to do it.

Best regards,

Marc

Msys has a tool called sh.exe which if you used the default
install can be found in C:\Msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe

You should have Msys installed because it is part of the LyX
helper programs installation suite. One way to start sh.exe is to
go to Windows ->Start ->Mingw ->Msys -> and click on Msys
This should pop up the Msys command prompt window.

You want to navigate to the folder where the file "configure"
is located. If you installed LyX to C:\Lyx the command typed
from the Msys prompt would be: cd /c/LyX/Resources/lyx <enter>
Then you would type at the prompt: sh configure <enter>

Suppose instead you installed LyX to program files; equivalently
Start Msys as before.
Type from the command prompt:
cd /c <enter>
cd /"program files" <enter> {SH: with the quotes}
cd /LyX  <enter>
cd /Resources <enter>
cd /lyx <enter>
Then you would type at the prompt: sh configure <enter>

This should start a process that may last a couple of minutes
but after that LyX should work OK, as long as all the helper
programs have been installed. You can find additional info
about helper programs at: http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyX137

Regards,
Stephen