I've made a version of LyX/Mac 1.4.0pre4 available here: <http:// edisk.fandm.edu/bennett.helm/LyX/LyX-1.4%20Installer.dmg>. If anyone is willing to try it (and test the installer), please feel free to download and report any problems to the user's list.

As before, I am not sure if this runs on anything other than Mac OS X 10.4, since I don't have anything else to test it with. From what I can tell it should work on at least 10.3.9, though I suspect that it does *not* work on 10.2 or earlier. If you're willing to test pre- release software, please let me know whether you have success or not and on what version of Mac OS X. (I need to look further into getting it to work on 10.2, but that may require feedback from brave testers.)

Standard disclaimer: This is pre-release software, and you are likely to encounter bugs. Indeed, that's the point: please report them!

Bennett