> Can anyone tell me if there is an up-to-date HOWTO somewhere for using
> Lyx for DocBook output of software user's manuals?

Personally I am using python/manual.cls and an adapted layout file.
This works reasonably well but there is no chm output and other fancy
stuff.

I tried the lyx/docbook before, following the same kinds of tutorials,
but none of them worked. This may be because I am not familiar with
XML/docbook etc but the bizarre error messages, incompatible tool
sets, limited support from lyx  really dismayed me. Maybe things have
been better now.

Cheers,
Bo