Hi,

I am one of the people who cannot finds editing documents hard on screen - I end up printing a copy and then working through it with a pen, making changes and restructuring, and then typing the changes up.

I didn't find this a problem when using Word because what was on-screen looked like the paper copy, so I didn't have to think hard about which parts matched up. However with LyX this has become much more difficult, because the printed copy and the editable copy don't look similar.

Now I know that people have been writing documents this way for much longer than word processors have been around, (think of raw TeX) which suggests it's a problem with my approach. Do you have any tips or suggestions for making the editing process smoother?

Thanks,
Peter