Hi

Juergen has written the page http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Pronunciation that explains a bit about how "LyX" is pronounced. We are however missing sound files that examplify how different people, users and developers, actually pronounce the word.

Since the developers are busy on more productive work :-), I'd like to ask for some volunteers to create a sound examples where the person says something like

        I prounounce "LyX" LyX.

or the equivalent in your language. Examples in many languages are welcome. Especially as we know it's pronounced differentely. For instance, in some languages the word "lyx" exists naturally, in swedish it means "luxury".

Sound files isn't my area so I don't know if .wav is better or worse than say .mp3. Ideally both I guess?

If you would like to help with this, please don't send sound files to the list. Contact me privately instead and I'll get them uploaded and linked to properly from the wiki page.

best regards
/Christian