[EMAIL PROTECTED]

at the very end of the preamble. If this still doesn't work, I would empty out the preamble except for the two lines above, and switch to a basic article class (article, or koma-article), so you can be sure that \theequation is really used as expected.

Jens

On Aug 9, 2006, at 1:46 AM, Mike Reeks wrote:

Dear Jens
In my preamble after the line
\renewcommand{\theequation}{\arabic{equation}}
I added the line
@addtoreset{equation}{section}
which had nor effect. Have I followed your suggestion correcty, have I mispelt it. What next?
Mike

________________________________

From: Jens Noeckel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 08/08/2006 19:00
To: Mike Reeks
Cc: Uwe Stöhr; Lyx-users; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Equation numbering

On Aug 8, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Mike Reeks wrote:

Dear Uwe
Nearly there. The command in preamble numbers the equation in each
section .without the section number. I want the equation number in
ascending order irrespective of section number e.g. 1, 2, 3 etc for
section n (before they were numbered n.1, n.2 etc.  I need to turn
of a section counter maybe.
Any help
I should say I am using a J. Fluid Mech cls layout file which
should do the trick since this is the journal  eqn number style.
Mike