From: Jens Noeckel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 09/08/2006 15:40
To: Mike Reeks
Cc: Uwe Stöhr; Lyx-users; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Equation numbering

Mike,
I'm assuming your document class is derived from "article". I don't
know what else you have in the preamble, but in order for this to
work one needs to make sure that no other package re-defines the
counters after your modifications. So I would add the two lines

\renewcommand\theequation{\arabic{equation}}
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

at the very end of the preamble. If this still doesn't work, I would
empty out the preamble except for the two lines above, and switch to
a basic article class (article, or koma-article), so you can be sure
that \theequation is really used as expected.

Jens