From: Richard Heck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 09/08/2006 15:51
To: Mike Reeks
Cc: Jens Noeckel; Uwe Stöhr; Lyx-users; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Equation numbering

I'm confused about what you want. Do you want the equations to be
numbered consecutively throughout the document and NOT to be reset in
each section? If so, then the only way to do this, short of modifying
the document class directly, is to use the remreset (or removefr)
package, since there is no "remove reset" command in standard LaTeX.
Once remreset is downloaded and installed, you should need just this:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You'll still need this line:
    \renewcommand{\theequation}{\arabic{equation}}
to control how equation numbers are displayed.

If you DO want equation numbers to be reset in each section, so that you
have 1, 2, 3 in section 1, and then 1, 2, 3 again in section 2, etc., then
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
should do the trick. But then a reference to equation 3 is ambiguous.

Richard