Paul A. Rubin wrote:
LB wrote:
I think this supports the possibility of a Ghostscript conflict and that
Matlab comes with its own version of Gs.

I actually have three versions of gs.exe. Cygwin has two. One in cygwin\bin directory and one in cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin directory. Matlab has its own version as well. My install of gs (8.14) has two files in bin directory: gswin32.exe and gswin32c.exe

Please suggest what I can do to investigate this further.

Leo

Oops, forgot something. If I understood Stephen's concerns correctly, a second experiment might be in order -- having renamed the "unofficial" GS executables, try reproducing the images from Matlab using the "official" version of GS. (I'm not a Matlab user, so I don't know exactly what this would entail, but you might have to modify some setting in Matlab that holds the path to GS, or you might need the official GS bin directory on the command path, or worst case you might need to copy the official GS files, both executable and library, into the Matlab directory where the Matlab-installed GS currently lives.)

/Paul

Your starting idea seems the easiest place to start.
LyX was configured with the system GS. It is now going
to use the matlab gs. Does the matlab gs need to be put
in the beginning of Path_prefix? Reconfigure/Restart?

[SET LC_ALL=en_EN] I think that stands for Locale.
I suggested changing that entry in the 1.4.2 lyx.bat
to SET LANG=en_EN because I think Leo said both
Lyx.exe and lyx.bat work for all images in 1.4.1

This idea and your first approach seem to be less
complex, faster, and just as likely to be revealing?
We are expecting the matlab gs to work in all cases?!

Maybe change the batfile and test on an ornery critter.
If it fails, change it back. Then rename the other gs
versions and test with matlab gs exclusively. If that
fails we know it is likely just the batfile. Change the
batfile content again to set lang=en_EN and test
with exclusive matlab gs. Since cygwin gs is not used
and this method rules out a version conflict this had
just better work! To test system gs *and* with system gs
substituted for matlab gs also eliminates version GS
conflict but the testing procedure may be convoluted
and I don't know if there is a Grothendieck dimensional+.

+meaning I will have run out of ideas and will recluse,
Stephen

Best regards,