LB wrote:
Having already generated the image files in MATLAB, try temporarily hiding all the Cygwin and Matlab copies of the GS executable (say by adding a $ to the start of their names, which is easy to undo afterward). Then run LyX and see if the images load properly.

No they don't.

Leo

No they don't... and you tried with both lyx.exe and lyx.bat?
IOW, has forcing LyX to use the system-wide GS created a
change in behavior; like lyx.exe no longer works the same.

I think lyx.exe now failing would mean that it had been using
the matlab gs and can no longer do so. Matlab gs creates the
file so one would expect it to load the file when LyX uses it.
LyX.bat would be using the system gs and working in cases
where the matlab gs file creation held no incompatibilities.
Which is why I ask if you tested both lyx.exe and lyx.bat.

If nothing has changed then we have gained no information.
You could have changed system gs to a $ and tested LyX
using matlab gs to render the image (after renaming).
Or if lyx.exe fails, then this step should enable lyx.bat
and the fix would be to put the matlab gs at beginning of
LyX Path_prefix. Maybe changing LC to Lang is equivalent.

Too many maybes bring Bats to the Belfry,
Stephen