On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:13:18 +0100
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:55:44 -0500
> David> Neal Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> I recall hitting this problem once before, but I forgot what the
> >> fix was. I'm using ams article. The output has a header that says:
> >> englishMyTitle instead of MyTitle
> >>
> David> Yeah, I have this problem, too, and have had through several
> David> system updates. It was explained to me on this list that it is
> David> a LaTeX issue, not a LyX one. Specifically, it is a problem
> David> with babel. Supposedly, new versions of babel (and/or amslatex)
> David> fix this, but I am not so sure, since I use debian etch which
> David> has fairly new versions of those packages.
>
> What is your babel version?

Here's what the log files say:

LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman
ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, esperanto
stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar, norsk, po
h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish, swedish,
kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/amscls/amsart.cls
Document Class: amsart 2004/08/06 v2.20

--

David L. Johnson

   __o   | Let's not escape into mathematics.  Let's stay with reality. --
 _`\(,_  | Michael Crichton