David> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:13:18 +0100
David> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
David> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:55:44 -0500
David> Neal Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  >> I recall hitting this problem once before, but I forgot what
>> the >> fix was. I'm using ams article. The output has a header that
>> says: >> englishMyTitle instead of MyTitle

David> Yeah, I have this problem, too, and have had through several
David> system updates. It was explained to me on this list that it is
David> a LaTeX issue, not a LyX one. Specifically, it is a problem
David> with babel. Supposedly, new versions of babel (and/or amslatex)
David> fix this, but I am not so sure, since I use debian etch which
David> has fairly new versions of those packages.
>>  What is your babel version?

David> Here's what the log files say:

David> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01> Babel <v3.8d>

I think you need at least version 3.8g or 3.8h. Or an older amsart :)
The fact is, there are distributions out there that package the two
incompatible packages. This should probably be reported as a teTeX bug
via debian, if this is not done already.

JMarc