LyX does have an APA layout, so you should be able to use it. Check to
make sure you do have the APA document class installed and that LaTeX
can see it (run texhash as root) and then reconfigure LyX (Tools >
Reconfigure). You can use Tools > Tex Info to check what LyX thinks is
there.

I don't see an ACM layout. Anybody got one? It's unlikely it'd be hard
to create one if not.

As for references, natbib isn't a bibliography style but something more
general. You can use apalike with it, to be sure. You can also use
apacite by itself (and the apa.layout file seems to load apacite.sty,
which you'd also want). Just choose "default" for your citation style
and then, when you put the bibliography in its place (Insert > List
>Bibliography), choose "apacite" as your style. Of course, you'll need
to make sure that's installed, too.

Richard

B. Bogart wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to tex/latex/lyx but need to write papers in ACM and APA
> formats. I see that the package texlive-publishers includes APA and ACM
> document classes, and I have the package installed, but lyx does not see
> those templates.
>
> How can I use lyx to write APA and ACM papers? I also need my citations
> and bibliographies to be in the proper APA format, but lyx seems to only
> give three types citation styles? (default,natbib,jurabib)
>
> FYI I'm using the ubuntu edgy packages of lyx/tex
>
> Thanks all.
>
> B. Bogart

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://bobjweil.com/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto