On Wed, 30 May 2007, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 Hi,

 Someone going under 'LyXWinUser' placed the following on a wiki page
 called Site.FAQ. That page is intendend for question regarding the use of
 the wiki, and not issues related to using LyX. So I'm posting the question
 here, hoping that 'LyXWinUser' will get an answer.

An interesting question is whether LyXWinUser knows about this group, given that he/she posted the question to the wiki. I just took a peek at Site.FAQ and didn't see the question, so I assume you sanitized the page?

That's correct.

Here's a useful trick by the way. Click the button 'History' at the top right side of a page. Then you'll see it's history. Or use direct URI:
        http://wiki.lyx.org/Site/FAQ?action=diff

Perhaps it would make sense to post temporarily a response directing LWU here (and then remove it after some reasonable period, or after LWU posts something here)?

How long should we wait?

Also, maybe it would help to add something at the top of Site.FAQ directing people here if they have questions not appearing on the FAQ?

I added the following as the third question from the top:

Q:##Q: Should I use this site instead of the LyX users' mailing list?
A: No. The LyX users' list and this site complement each other. A good way to work to ask questions on the users' list, and then later on document the answers on this site. See [[LyX.Internet Resources]] for more details about the users' list.

Do you think something more is needed? (Feel free to add something at the top - I couldn't come up with a good text)

/Christian