Hi,
I am trying to view the user's guide in version 1.5.3 on windows.  When I try
to view it using any method (dvi, pdf, ps) it says:
LaTeX Error: File `floatflt.sty' not found.

Showing more details for that error it says:
 \usepackage
                {varioref}
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

I tried installing that package using MiKTeX 2.7 package browser, but this
package is not there.  So I found it on CTAN and followed the directions for
unpacking the floatflt.sty file.  I copied the floatflt.sty file into a
directory at C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.7/tex/latex/floatflt/floatflt.sty

Then I reloaded LyX and verified that it could find that style by going to the
menu Tools->TeX Information and showing the "Latex Styles" from the dropdown.
Yep, LyX sees the new style file.  But I still get the same error.

I also ran Reconfigure (and restarted lyx) which seemed to download a bunch of
packages, but didn't help.

Any suggestions?  This has taken me all day :).

Maybe a better question is why does the User Guide use this package when
MiKTeX has a much newer package called float?
THanks for any help,
-Tom