Bob Lounsbury wrote:
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM, William R. Buckley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 So,
 the layout file shows up in the TeX Information but, in the Document
 Settings, the document class Springer LNCS shows up as unavailable.

I wasn't sure if this would happen or not since I don't have llncs.cls
installed on my computer. Looking at the LyX llncs.layout the
\DeclareLaTeXClass doesn't look right to me. Maybe, there is someone
that knows more about this llncs class.

It looks right to me. By default, LyX assumes that the class file has the same name as the layout file, which is right in this case.

Once you do this, be sure to "Reconfigure" and restart LyX so that it
will find this new/modified .layout file.

I think that may be all he needs to do, assuming that TeX is seeing the class file.

rh