OK.  One last question tonight.

The image which Dominik sent me has dimensions of
7.97 by 1.72 inches.  Now, if memory serves me right,
there are exactly 2.54cm per inch.  Dominik set the
width of the graphic include to be 10 centimeters in the
.tex file.

My image has dimensions of 8.5 by 11 inches, though
the actual image that I want is much smaller.

What I notice, even in the imported .tex file for my paper,
and when using LyX, (BTW, is it as in Lick?) that the
image takes a page on its own.  Also, the box for the
image in the LyX display says *error converting to
loadable format* or some such - I can't really tell, as the
type appears to be 4pt.

The text following the graphic begins on the page
following that which is used by the graphic.  This is
absolutely unacceptable, for the image takes only
about one tenth the height of the page.

wrb