rgheck wrote, On 12/23/-28158 02:59 PM:
Minipages? Sure: Insert->Box (a frameless Box is a minipage).

However, as Richard said, LaTeX isn't designed for grid layout. It's not a DTP application.

Box isn't very descriptive. I'd never have guessed this. Would there by objections to making it Minipage? or Text Box? or ???

rh

I Agree with this, and as Minipage is a LaTeXism and that is what you are doing with this, then using the same name would make it easier for lyx users to locate help about them in LaTeX documentation.

BTW this is my first reply to an email from inside a digest... it looks ok from here, i.e., title ok and only the content I wanted to reply to, but please cut me some slack if Thunderbird quietly makes a mess. :}
--
Todd Denniston